Saturday, October 13, 2007

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT... OR WELL DONE AL!

I’m all for it. Some people are "disappointed" with Al Gore’s winning of the Nobel Prize for peace. I’m not. I think the man is a fighter and an example to all of us. He lost the elections in the worst possible way (aka he didn’t loose them but didn’t get the job); instead of going home and moan about it he decided to be useful.

Alarmist? Yes. Populist? Yes. Doing something unlike most of us??? Definitely yes. He embraced a cause, and might be criticized for not the most scientific accuracy, the truth is that he had an important part in the awakening of the common man (myself included, although I actually am a woman, or 1/2 of one).

I started recycling and bought ecological light bulbs after seeing his movie. A drop in the ocean some will say. Oh well, the ocean is made of many drops. And the fact that his actions raise some discussion means he must be doing something right.

I just hope he doesn’t run for President of USA. Al, if you read this just don’t do it. Leave it for the Hillary’s and Obama’s and Schwarzenegger’s of this world. You have a far more important task to do: save the planet!

To anyone who hasn’t seen the movie, go and see!!! Pretty please…

1 comment:

NoKas said...

Não te esqueças de hoje participar no dia de acção dos blogues!

:p