Thursday, September 27, 2007

These are...

... the 3 best albums of my life (so far)
By discovery order...
Siamese Dream-Smashing Pumpkins -allowed me to vent all my anger in the confusing pre-adult years. The best lyrics in the history of mankind, an unique voice, and, in a very spooky way, a voice that somehow seemed to say what I couldn't.
Grace-Jeff Buckley -Once I heard a MTV VJ justify why he liked this album. He said it was worth every single penny he spent on it. I say it’s a fucking masterpiece. He is the fucking Mozart of our time. Too bad he didn't live a lot; anyways anything else wouldn't fit his persona. Illinois-Sufjan Stevens -A total, utter surprise. I like this album, because not only it is fucking excellent but it somehow reminds me that I once knew why all the best memories are forged in the summer. It smells of hot, long summer days. Here I leave a sample of the lather...

3 comments:

Oppenheimer said...

Definitely agree about Siamese Dream, although Pisces Iscariot is also a great album by Smashing Ps.

Luna said...

I love sufjan (my favorite in the world) and jeff!!!
Devo dizer k o "all the trees in the field will clap their hands" e "for The widows in paradise" do sufjan sao as minhas de eleição!

João B. Amado said...

Grace is whithout doubt a great record, the rest of your comparaisons not as much. Mozart of our time? c'mon!! He only got due recognition after his death, I really don't if he was alive, the publicity of his record would be as huge as it was.!!

Beijinhos miúda...

mete o meu blog na coluna dos teus blogs. www.thesoulshaker.blogspot.com